Saturday, January 6, 2024

I'm smarter than I look

 Recently I was referred as a person that was capable of starting a blog and maintaining it. I became a standard of meager capability. I had to laugh at that because I found that I was no longer able to sign in and publish on my old blog "Ernie's Place". I have been puzzled for quite some time now on how to get signed back in. 

I seem to be smartest when I'm NOT trying to figure things out and sometimes it just comes to me. I have a bad habit of over-thinking things. I have tried various methods to re-connect to the blog and failed on all points. Starting a Blogspot account and doing a post was easy, and I did that ,but I wanted to continue my old favorite blog with tons of good stories. I just couldn't get signed in.

I recently had trouble with my comments being blocked on Redheaded Blackbelt (kymkemp.com) and they had to be approved before they could be posted. My comments were posted so late as to be ridiculous. Both Kym and her staff and I could not figure out what was wrong. 

I have always trained my dogs to know what "Go Around" means. If the dog was trying to get to something and couldn't reach it from the front, I would tell it "go around", they would look at my like 'oh, why didn't I think of that'. They would scamper around and get what they were after. I figured that I didn't want to have dog that was smarter than me, so I did a "Go Around" and used a actual email address that I used to have before I started my own URL, and Bingo Redheaded Blackbelt started accepting my comments.

So, last night in my just-before-sleep-stupor, I was rolling my Blog around it my head, thinking there must be a go around. That's when it occurred  to me that I HAD ALREADY CHANGED MY EMAIL ADDRESS. So, now I am almost as smart as my dog. I tried my old email address and the blog opened like a door in the wind.

So here I am again! Now, if I just had something interesting to say... Hummm

Ernie

1 comment:

Ernie Branscomb said...

Even the comments are working.