Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Change

I've already written too much on this subject.

It was not the newcomers that I objected to so much, but the dreaded “change” that blew in with the wind that followed them. The newcomers didn’t have to change, because they were right. None of us liked, not only having to change, but also having to accept that everything that we held dear had to be released, like the last desperate grip of a person holding onto the edge of a precipice and not knowing how he was going to land.

I’ve never been able to adequately describe that feeling, not even to myself. Maybe someone else can, but I know it would have to be someone with long history here to know what I’m talking about. Sadly, few newcomers reach out to those of us with all this useless knowledge and history. I married one that did, and we have met half way, so I have been able to accept some change.

Such is much of history.

No comments: