Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tom Green in Garberville

Tom Green Photo by Shannon? Click on photo to enlarge.


Tom Green made the mistake of getting hungry in Garberville today. My mother sold him his straw hat, that he is wearing, at Browns Sporting Goods. The young lady in the photo is the worlds best waitress, shirley Rumsfeldt.




She has quite a few photo's of herself taken with celebrities that she seems to always recognise. Strangely they all seem to put up with her, usually I'm so embarrassed that I look for a place to hide when she does this.




Those who don't know who Tom Green is, he is a situational comedian and he can be seen a lot on MTV. He is the originator of "Jackasses", if you know what that is. He is probably most famous for being married to Drew Barrymore for a couple of years. He is an interesting and different kind of guy, and you will be sure to be seeing more of him. Here's a wikipedia link that you can go to to learn more.
As soon as I find out who took the photo, I will give the proper photo credit. It looks like Shannon beside Shirleys left ear, in the mirror. Right now all I have is Shirley's E-Mail bragging about her most recent score.
I can't believe that I've lowered this blog to the status of a Hollywood gossip column.

12 comments:

kaivalya said...

Crazy.
I've had lots of good conversations with hungry people passing through town at the Eel River Cafe.

Carol said...

Fun! Nice post to start the work week, Ernie. Thank you.

Humboldt Biggie said...

anyone know what T.G. was going in SoHum? Last time he was in the county he made a Late Night/Leno video about the Humboldt Crabs.

Ernie Branscomb said...

I don't know what he was doing in town, but I did notice that someone tipped-over the outhouse.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know Tom Green. He lives in Redway and works at the Mateel Cafe. Nice guy. This one's an imposter.

Kym said...

Ben, That was my first thought, too!

Anonymous said...

Tom Green...Sheesh....When I was growing up...at different times, both Fred MacMurray and Clint Eastwood stopped at the Early Bird Grocery, the little store across the highway from our house. No, I didn't see them, but the ladies who worked there were all a twitter. Fred MacMurray was headed up the Klamath to do some fishing and Clint Eastwood was probably chasing some wily gunslingers through our badlands.

Ernie Branscomb said...

Ekovox

While you are over hear poking around, I want you to know that I appreciate the gift “More Precious Than Life Itself”.

I am doing a post about it, but I have been very busy lately. So start holding your breath!

Anonymous said...

Ernie, I really respect your opinion so.....Holding my breath now!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ernie, that photo on the wall above Tom's right hand, is that in Garberville? Looks like an old Vette in the picture. 1923 model.

Jim

Cristina said...

Fred MacMurray! "Like, OMG," as my daughter would say!

One of my favorite old movies was with Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck, and I've been meaning to look it up for ages... but whenever I remember, I'm nowhere near a computer. Thanks for reminding me.

Robin Shelley said...

Would that be "Double Indemnity", Cristina? I like those two actors, too!
However, I don't have a clue who Tom Green is... maybe because I prefer stand-up over stupid movies. But I do recognize that waitress! She served us breakfast two mornings in a row when we stayed a couple of nights in your fine town last fall. Had I known she is a celebrity, I would have asked for her autograph!