Monday, February 13, 2012

Earthquake! Monday, Feb 13, 2012 1:O7 pm

I was on the road in Garberville at the time. One of the people that works here felt it, I don't know if anybody else did. If you every wonder about an Earthquake scroll down the left hand side of this blog until you come to "World Earthquake Map". Keep clicking on the location, as you zoom in more details will become available. Lastly the script of details will come up. have fun!


DETAILS:
Magnitude 5.6 - NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

2012 February 13 21:07:02 UTC
This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude 5.6
Date-Time Monday, February 13, 2012 at 21:07:02 UTC
Monday, February 13, 2012 at 01:07:02 PM at epicenter

Location 41.153°N, 123.817°W
Depth 32.9 km (20.4 miles)
Region NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Distances 10 km (6 miles) WSW (247°) from Weitchpec, CA
28 km (17 miles) ENE (63°) from Westhaven-Moonstone, CA
29 km (18 miles) ENE (70°) from Trinidad, CA
50 km (31 miles) NE (36°) from Eureka, CA
352 km (218 miles) NW (326°) from Sacramento, CA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.3 km (0.2 miles); depth +/- 0.8 km (0.5 miles)
Parameters Nph= 62, Dmin=17 km, Rmss=0.17 sec, Gp= 72°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=6
Source California Integrated Seismic Net:
USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR


E

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so scary, how do you folks keep your wits living there?
Just kiddin' ya.
I check Ernie's earthquake site every morning and believe I know about your earthquakes before y'all do. I only say that cuz on the bell curve most earthquakes occur when decent folks are sleeping. Y'all know about the standard deviation I assume.

Oregon

Anonymous said...

I give up Ernie. I quit. This will be the 4th time I tried to add to this blog without success. If this is not accepted I will leave your blog with folks that have better eyesight than me.

Anonymous said...

Test. Ernie, did you change this to "I am not a robot?"

Ernie Branscomb said...

Hi Oregon
I'm not ignoring you. My internet at home has gotten so slow that it,at times, becomes completely non-functional. The internet at work is smokin' fast, but I've also been smokin'busy, so this blog and my friends have suffered.
Ernie.

Ernie Branscomb said...

I'm making these comments on my cell phone, which is a whole new world. I had to turn off "auto-complete", because it won't let gs you spell things wrong, like the puzzle words that lets you post a comment.