Thursday, July 17, 2008

Royal Visit

King Abdullah II, and Queen Rania, and the Prince Hashem bin Al Abdullah.
If you look at the picture at the top of my blog, the one that say's Ernie's Place through the middle of it. You will notice a white dot. The Dot is the Benbow Inn. In the Inn is the King Of Jordan, King Abdullah II, and his most beautiful bride, Queen Rania. I had heard several rumors that they would be here, now Cristina has semi-confirmed it, in her blog; “The Nocturnal Nomad”.

I thought about putting on a few airs, and inviting them across the street for tea. But, then it occurred to me that I should probably clean my yard first, and that I didn’t have time. Then it occurred to me that maybe they had never seen a messy yard before and that maybe it could be part of their “Humboldt Experience”, along with visiting the Redwood Trees. After all, mother nature hasn’t cleaned her yard lately, unless you count all of those lightning strikes, where she burned all of the accumulating brush that needed to be cleaned.

Anyway, I hope that all of you out there realize that I still like all of you little people, even though my valley is filled with Royalty.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, can we come to an accord to keep fair trade between your valley and mine? You may have the visting King of Jordan and his family motoring through, but over here on 299 we have been home to our very own royalty for decades. That would be our very own Lord Ellis.

Ernie Branscomb said...

Someone that I talked to this morning speculated that he was here to ride his Harley through the Redwoods. Others think that he is here for "Reggae on the River".

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think we should have a king instead of a president, for a few years anyway. If I was the king we would see some big changes and maybe there would be a Queen Ann too.

Anonymous said...

An anonymous monarchist writes: "Sometimes I think we should have a king instead of a president, for a few years anyway."

Uh, haven't you been paying attention? We have had a king at the head of government in the USA for almost eight years now. Isn't that enough?

Anonymous said...

He definitely rode his Harley through the redwoods. Everyone in Phillipsville thought it was another Federal bust.

Ernie Branscomb said...

Both my wife and I saw the group of motorcycles and it didn't register as unusual. I don't think that we're paranoid enough to live here!

Robin Shelley said...

I missed the king & his entourage when they came through Brookings but the local paper had quite a write-up about their visit/stay in Gold Beach.
I don't know if they stopped by Jimmy's... I haven't heard from him since he lost his mind.